Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Was Born In America

I cook with arame and wakame but, I'm not Japanese
I think with science but, I'm not a scientist
I have a dream like Martin Luther King but, I'm not black
I live in Koreatown but, I'm not Korean
I love like mother Teresa but, I'm not religious
I sit with a wood flute but, I'm not native
I listen to the right wing but, I'm not republican
I dated a Serbian man but, I'm not from Yugoslavia
I dance for Jah but, I'm not Jamaican
I like chili ranchero and beans but, I'm not Hispanic
I read Chinese fortune cookies but, I'm not Chinese
I help heal people but, I'm not a doctor
I said, "lila tov but, I'm not Israeli
I voted against the lobbyist but, I'm not a politician
I watch Charlie Rose at night but, I'm not Nancy
I have a good friend from Turkey but, I'm not a Turk
I don't eat pasta but, I am Italian
I had an affair with a woman but, I'm not homosexual
I married for a green card but, I'm not from the Philippines
I dress with Belgian fashion in mind but, I'm not Belgian
I am American AND I do have a choice!!

No comments: